Monday, November 2, 2015

Letter Date 9/8/14
Dear Everybody,

This week has been insanely crazy and super good.  I had my first baptism!!!! It was all put together in like 4 days because this investigator has been waiting for months to get baptized.  He just got out of prison in February and moved in with his convert sister and her family.  She set him up with the Sister Missionaries and they began teaching him.  He learned really quick and then he decided he wanted to get baptized but since he has been in prison he had to get permission from the First Presidency.  So when I got here they were just waiting for that letter and it came on Tuesday night.  I have never seen my trainer so excited before.  After President J called her, we rushed to J's house and told him and everyone was freaking out and crying and jumping.  It was a super neat experience to see that. It showed me the real reason I am here, to bring others those joys and happiness that only the gospel can bring.  His baptism was even better.  His soon to be father in law told us that he hasn't felt the spirit like he did on Saturday in 45 years since he has been on his mission.  That's how strong the Holy Ghost was there. Sister Z and I did a missionary moment ( we have to do the first discussion while the person that was baptized gets changed) and you could feel the spirit.  I don't even remember what I said, just that I could feel the spirit just pouring out of me.  It was an incredible experience.


​J with his fiancé and Sister S is the one closest to them.  She is the one that first started teaching J. 

Well so for the rest of the week, we moved our entire apartment on Saturday right after the baptism.  We were having 4 sisters live in a one bedroom one bathroom apartment.  Once our mission president heard about this he made sure that we got a two bedroom two bathroom apartment. Its a nice place and we made it our home. But from the baptism and the moving we didn't have too much time to get out and teach. But we did get 3 new investigators on Tuesday and so we are teaching them this week.  I will let you know how it goes.

I am just having the time of my life getting used to being a missionary and being with so many new and fun people.  Life is great and I remind myself everyday to be like Christ.  I am his representative and I tell myself that I have to teach and do as he would do.  How would he teach the people that I am teaching, what would he say to them and how would he act?  Its great to think about that because it brings me closer to him everyday.  I love my Savior and I am grateful for everything that he has done for me.  

Love you all and please invite everyone you know to the gospel!!! Don't be scared just do what Christ would do! He loves each and everyone of us and would never give up on anyone!  Have an amazing week!!!!

Love,
Sister Amy Calton 

No comments:

Post a Comment