Monday, November 2, 2015

Letter Date 9/15/14
Dear Everyone,

This week everything kind of slowed down a little bit so that is good.  Sister Zenger and I have found some new people to teach and they are all going great.  We were actually going to drop someone on Tuesday but when we got to her house, the first thing that she told us was that she had a dream that she should come to church.  The thing about this investigator is that she is knows that what we are teaching her is what she should do and that all these things are right, she just doesn't have an desire to follow them or commit to anything.  So when she told us that, we were so surprised and we knew it was Heavenly Father's way of telling us that we need to give her another chance.  I know that she is prepared and Heavenly Father knows it, but now it is up to her. She will get there :)

Anyways, my companion and I got to speak in church yesterday.  My very first time so that was exciting.  I studied for my talk, but I didn't plan very well.  The youth speaker talked for like 5 minutes and then I talked for like 5 minutes so that left like 35 minutes for my companion. I felt so bad and I learned that next time I will be more ready to talk in sacrament meeting.  It feels like you are talking a lot, but then when you sit down, no time passed at all.  I am just grateful that my companion is very good at improvising. :)

Well the weather has been around in the hundreds this week so we have been having fun with that.  We are so grateful that we have a car that we can sit in after we have been biking around for a little bit or walking.  But its fun and now I can get that tan that I forgot to get this summer. :)

Nothing too exciting has been happening around here.  Just last P-day we played glow stick dodge ball.  Its just dodge ball with glow sticks.  We had the lights dimmed down (they couldn't be all the way down because of Sisters and Elders in the gym) but it was pretty great.  Loved every minute of it and our Zone has gotten a lot closer.  The Zone Leaders are the best and our District leader is pretty amazing too.  I am so grateful to be surrounded by so many amazing missionaries that show me what it is to work hard and how that hard work pays off over time.  I love you all and I hope you all know that I have a strong testimony of Joseph Smith, that he was a prophet of God and that he did restore the true gospel here on the Earth.  He did it out of obedience and love for each and everyone of us.  I know that my Redeemer lives and that he blesses me and others around me everyday.  I love you all and hope that you are all having fun times in your lives and making the most of every moment!!!  Remember to all be great ward missionaries and find the people that are looking for the gospel!!!!

Love,
Sister Calton (The Younger)
Picture from last P-day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment