Monday, November 2, 2015

Letter date 10/20/2014

Dear Everyone,

So the big story of this week is how I tripped while running.... Just like the title states, Don't sing while you are running. So we were jogging to the gym, my companion and I, the other morning so I could go run on the tredmill and she could do the bike.  Well I was singing a lovely song in my head and the next thing I knew I was on the ground sliding.  Ya...my arms got pretty scrapped up, but I am ok! Everyone just keeps asking me about them and Sister Zenger keeps telling everyone a different story about how I got them. Once I was practicing my diving, then I was trying to defend myself from her and so the list goes on. But ya, I am ok and just have a huge scrape on my arm.

Anyways, this week was a good week. We stayed busy everyday running around trying to get everything done and trying to work on the things that Elder Johnson told us to do. Sometimes they work and other times they don't work so much, but we are really trying to build our members right now so they will feel excited about doing missionary work.  Most of them are already trying so hard to befriend their neighbors and bring them to church and things, but sometimes its just not working out too much. This is just the beginning though and I know that it will get better.

Well not much of anything too exciting happened this week. Just out preaching the gospel and being the best missionaries that we can be.  We did have one of our investigators come to church yesterday with her two daughters and so that was super exciting and fun.  Also she got a blessing to help give her strength to stop smoking. First time she has ever gotten a blessing and she was so nervous at first, but then after it was done she said that she could feel a warmth that started in her head where their hands were then it went all the way to her toes. She is just an amazing lady and I am so blessed to know her and see her grow everyday. She has come so far in the past two months and I know that she is going to continue to grow and become better everyday.  Oh one of our members gave her a quad and she got super excited about it. She saw the footnotes in the Bible and then shouted "Now I can tell my son that Alma is in the Bible!!!" Ya she is still learning about the footnotes and everything else. It was just funny to hear it. :)

I hope everyone has a good week and that you are all looking for opportunities to spread the gospel to everyone around you. Remember that every member is a missionary and that it is our duty to help others come unto Christ.  Pray for opportunities and I know that you will get some! Love you all and hope that you all have an amazing week!!!

Love,
Sister Calton 

No comments:

Post a Comment