Sunday, December 13, 2015

Letter Date 5/11/2015

 
Dear Everyone,

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mothers Day and I am so glad that I got to talk to my family yesterday and say hello to them :) Miss them tons but I know I am right where I am supposed to be. 

I can't believe how fast the time is flying by!!!! This Wednesday I hit my halfway mark and I don't even know what to think! Its weird how the time just slips away from you when you aren't even paying attention to it.

Well its a new transfer so that means that there was some changes. I am still in the Elk Grove Zone they just moved me to two new wards here. So I said my goodbyes to Vineyard (even though I do have to drive through Vineyard to get to one of my areas) and said hello to my next door neighbor Gerber and also said hello to Wilton! :) I am super excited to be serving in these wards and am looking forward to getting to know all of the members in these wards. :) New adventures are waiting out there!!!! :)

I also got a new companion Sister Boata and she is from a place that is in the Pacific Ocean. I think its part of the Gilbert Islands. But she is super cool and still working on her English so I am glad to be helping her with that :) Been out 13 months so she is just right ahead of me :) She's a super good missionary and I love her and am really excited to get to know her more these coming weeks.

Not too much is happening in my areas at the moment. Its hard when you first shotgun them because its like starting from scratch. But that's the most exciting part! :) You get to go and visit everyone in the area book because you and your companion don't know anyone! :)

Since I am getting ready to hit my halfway mark, I have been thinking a lot about my mission so far. I have been thinking about the kind of person I was in the beginning when I first started and the kind of person I am now. I have changed a lot and its all for the better. Before I left I was unsure of who I was, what I wanted in life and where I was suppose to be heading. But now I KNOW my purpose, I KNOW who I am and I KNOW  that my Father in Heaven has a plan for me. He has something that he wants me to do and he has someone that he wants me to become. I am so grateful to be serving a mission right now at this time and I am grateful to be here in Sacramento. I know that this is where I was suppose to be. The people that have touched me and the friends that I have made, I am grateful for each and everyone of them. If I was to go back and start all over, I wouldn't change a thing because every choice I have made so far as made me the person that I am today. 

I want to leave  you all with my testimony. I know that this church is the true church, that this is Christ gospel here on the earth in its fullness. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet called of God to do a mighty work and a miracle! He was chose for who he was and for his faith and trust in Heaven Father. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for each and everyone of his children. He wants the best for us and he wants us to return home to him. And some times he gives us trials so we can grow and become the best person that we can be. Without the hard times we wouldn't know how to be grateful for the good times. I love this gospel with all my heart and I know its where I find the most pure happiness. I love you all and am grateful for everything that  you have done for me. I love my family and the support that they have given me. I wouldn't be able to do it without them! I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

Alma 26:12!  Matthew 19:26

Love,
Sister Calton 

Inline image 1
Sister Wheelwright and Sister Calton at the Sacramento Temple :)

No comments:

Post a Comment